Wednesday, February 13, 2019

THE SHADOWS WE HIDE - THE SEQUEL


The Shadows We Hide, the sequel to The Life We Bury is on store shelves now and I'm proud of how it is being received. The Minneapolis TV station KARE 11 chose it for their January Book Club pick and we did a live Facebook discussion. KARE 11 was kind enough to put together a little clip - eleven things to know about yours truly - attached below, if you want to check it out.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/kare11-sunrise/11-things-to-know-about-mn-author-allen-eskens/89-ebac1427-8d6c-4b9c-a029-e57d80d0df8c?fbclid=IwAR1rQe14v-l4lmaG2lPfSMcOHYCuwEHchgzCWyotEk2u1Tfn4K4UoTZYt98



I also am honored to say that The Shadows We Hide is a finalist for both the Barry Award and the Minnesota Book Award. The Life We Bury was also nominated for both of these awards, winning the Barry that year. The Shadows We Hide was also chosen by Amazon and Barns and Noble as being a Best Book for November when it was launched.

It was great revisiting Joe, Lila, Jeremy and Kathy. It is also wonderful to hear from readers on Goodreads and Amazon who say they are loving the book. I just want to thank all of you who have read my work and took the time to reach out to me. I'll continue to do my best to keep writing novels that bring enjoyment to readers.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Allen, are you able to tell me when "The Shadows We Hide" will be available as an Audio book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great revisiting Joe. I read this book in 2014, still recommend it to anyone looking for a good read, and am eager to lead the discussion this month of The Life We Bury with my book club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Life We Bury, great book! One that grabs you from the first chapter. Pulls you intimately into the lives of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Life We Bury is such a great story I think it should also be a movie. I enjoyed it so much that I shared the story with my boyfriend as I read it. He was so intrigued that I read the rest of the book aloud. We can’t wait to read all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allen, my husband & I just finished The Life we Bury. Me in 5 days (housework!) and he in 2 days. The first of your books we have read. We were blown away. And now, as I research you, I see there is a sequel. I am in 3 book clubs and I will be suggesting this to all of them. What a story. I gave a positive review on Goodreads. Congratulations on your success and cheers from Orlando, Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read all 6 of your books. Each as good as the other. Waiting on #7. My wife is a librarian and she loves your books. Your prose and descriptions are amazing. Thanks for your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this one as well as the first book. Thanks for writing!!!

    ReplyDelete